KiMS Attendance Procedures
Is your student going to be absent or late?
- Call 425-936-2421 or the main office 425-936-2420
- Email: KirklandMSAttend@lwsd.org
- Online: Skyward Family Access
It is very important to please include the following in your message:
- Student’s first and last name
- Student’s grade
- If late or leaving early – the time of arrival/early dismissal
- Reason for the absence
- Examples of EXCUSED absences: illness, medical appointments, family emergency, religious holiday, school-related field trips, pre-arranged absences
- Examples of UNEXCUSED absences: overslept, missed bus, traffic, homework, forgot something, parent was running late
Is your student leaving early or do they have an appointment during the school day?
- Have student bring a note to the main office before school – include student first and last name, grade, time, and reason for dismissal.
- Student will receive an early release pass to get out of class early (to minimize disruption of learning, we do not call classrooms to dismiss students.)
- We understand things come up at the last minute. Please try to notify the attendance office at least one hour prior to departure or before you arrive at school. The more advance notice, the better!
To report an extended absence of 5 days or more:
- Please complete the Pre-arranged Absence Form if your student will be missing three or more school days. The forms can be found online or in the main office.
- For the absence to be considered excused, the form should be submitted one week prior to the first day of the absence.